Order of Perpetual Indulgence - Sydney House
The following "letter" is a classic that has been around for a while in various forms. This is presented here in an Australian format. It is for both your amusement and your interest. Please use it if you wish.
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your ministry, and try to share that knowledge with
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them.
1) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours.
2) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would
3) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24.
4) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations.
5) I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally
6) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.
7) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses.
8) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden
9) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your devoted disciple,