Fresh Strawberries & Ice-cream With Cointreau
There are many variations on this theme...
... with Kahlua
... with vodka infused berries
This is a recipe Sr Carmen used to serve in a French Restaurant.
A nice, simple and tasty dish.
Preparation time is only about 10 minutes, even if you are doing 4 serves.
- 4 medium sized red strawberries (the big ones have no flavour, and the redder the better)
- 30ml (1 nip) of Cointreau
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 or 3 scoops of ice-cream
- Rinse, then "hull" the strawberries (means taking the green stalks/leaves off them).
- Cut them into bite sized pieces (often into quarters will do).
- Combine the Cointreau and sugar, making a kind of syrup (add more sugar if you wish).
- Put the strawberries into the Cointreau syrup and stir them around gently to cover them.
- Scoop the ice-cream into the plate.
- Artistically arrange the strawberries in the bowl on top and around the ice-cream. (Or just toss them on if you're that way inclined)
- Drizzle the syrup (which is pinkish now) over and around the ice-cream and strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy.
Printer Friendly Version